Hey y’all!! We are so proud to share The Watching: Book 2 in The Waiting Series!
We hope you enjoy all the secrets, lies, and family ties on the banks of the Pontchartrain, and if you did (or didn’t 😄) please, leave a review!! Thank you so much for continuing with us on this journey!! Y’all are the best.
Elizabeth & Marie
Soooo…I’ve never done this before, but I’m up for new experiences. Does anybody else confess on Fridays? If so, teach me!!!! But spell it out, because sometimes I just don’t get it. 🙂
1. I confess that I may have re-watched Jessica Lange’s rendition of Gods & Monster’s by Lana Del Ray about SEVEN times today. OMG, she KILLED it.
2. I confess that while I do love American Horror Story, it freaks me the hell out. As with any scary show, I’m always sitting with my eyes covered asking Terri to recap what happened. And geez, the clowns??? NOPE.
3. I confess that I’m a Wattpadder now. For the next 6 weeks, I’ll be posting a chapter a week of The Waiting on Wattpad to generate interest from that crowd. Only the Prologue plus the first five chapters though, which is what you get when you hit Amazon’s ‘Look Inside’ the book. I may or may not be posting my poetry (my first writing love) there too. The concept of Wattpad is new to me, but I think it’s a great way to share, and see some awesome talent. Here’s the link: http://www.wattpad.com/user/ElizabethBurgess8
That’s it for me!!!! Happy Friday!!!!
This summer’s “Midnight Dynasty” left House of Crimson and Clover fans everywhere as broken as the Deschanel family of New Orleans. Like Tristan, we mulled over each word of Julianne and Ophelia’s diaries hoping to see something, anything that could help us figure out the curse. We witnessed Katja and Allain’s hopefulness turn to crippling despair. We fought – as Jacob did – to hold on to Amelia, the love of his life. And we listened to the summer rain with Nicholas as he held his little sister for the last time. But in true Cradit style, she tears you down – making you see and experience human emotion and raw pain – and then builds you back up again. Asunder is the mountaintop. Yes, you will be taken on another journey, but when you reach your destination… where two souls finally realize their destiny, it all will be worth it.
This is not a standalone book…you wouldn’t want it to be. Start at the beginning of this passion-filled series with St. Charles at Dusk, and don’t stop till you reach Beyond Midnight: Asunder. Then read it slow and often. 5 everlong stars.
***I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Beyond Midnight: Asunder is live today on all major retailers.
(Be sure and come back tomorrow as we feature Sarah for our Friday installment of author features.)
So the picture that’s on our blog is NOT a current one, it’s actually circa 1998/99, and one of our favorites. I’d just started college at Louisiana Tech, and Marie was still in high school. Y’all can’t tell it, but I (Elizabeth) was sporting some pretty bright red hair. 🙂
Just wanted to remind everyone about the Rafflecopter giveaway going on at Through the Booking Glass. Here’s a link to their Facebook page. Go give them a LIKE to stay up to date on great books to read.
We are soooo thrilled to be featured by Jennifer Sons and Through the Booking Glass. Go check it out and take a second to enter our Rafflecopter Giveaway!!!!
So here are a few observations I’ve had…
– Since I am down to the last two chapters in “The Watching,” I am easily distracted. As in… I will do ANYTHING to prevent from writing them. Case in point: random blog post.
– I am ABSOLUTELY 100% THRILLED about the features beginning this Friday. It’s WIN-WIN for us all. PLEASE tell your author friends to email me (email on the ‘For Your Reading Pleasure’ page) and we’ll get them a date. We are booked every Monday and Friday through January 19th, but would love to continue this indefinitely. If everyone enjoys this, I may re-vamp the questions and start it all over again.
– The most popular post on this blog other than the “About Elizabeth and Marie,” is… Bob and Millie? WTH? Seriously? Those of you that have read the book know of Bob and Millie’s… ummm, ‘special’ relationship. Let me tell you… we have a few more of their “encounters” to come in “The Watching.” If my editor doesn’t find out, I might post a small excerpt (unedited of course – so not as amazing as it could be) later on.
– On the subject of Bob… so nearly all authors have a playlist of songs for their books. I am no exception. But I do wonder if other authors listen to hymns and spiritual songs for their main antagonist? Yep, Bob O’Malley’s theme song is “Wayfaring Stranger” followed closely by “Nothing but the Blood.” Go figure. I do love his story though. It’s been so much fun finding out what made him the sadistic madman that he’s become.
– Fall is one of my favorite seasons and our weather in Northeast Louisiana has been grand!! We’ve even slept with the windows open a few nights.
– THE FUNERAL: BOOK 1.5 comes out (fingers crossed) on Halloween. YEAH!!! The timeframe of this novella will be directly after the end of the book through the day after the epilogue. For those of you that had questions about what ‘really happened’… this book will answer a few of them and hopefully bring some semblance of closure to “The Waiting.”
Y’all have a great afternoon!
In celebration of her upcoming Fairfield Corners Book 2 (Ragan’s Song), L.A. Remenicky is re-releasing Book 1, “Saving Cassie,” with a beautiful, new cover and professional editing (by our shared editor extraordinaire, Kathy Lapeyre). ❤❤❤
Everyone has secrets. Sometimes secrets can get you killed.
After ten years in the big city, Cassie Holt is moving back to her hometown to take over the bookstore left to her by her beloved Gram, vowing to live her life alone. To her best friend, Sheriff James Marsten, Cassie seems to be the same girl that left Fairfield Corners to go to college but Cassie has secrets and one of those secrets could get her killed. When one of her secrets becomes a threat to her life, James turns to his new deputy to help him keep Cassie safe.
Deputy Logan Miller has been burned by love and is not looking to get involved with anyone anytime soon. When he is thrown into close quarters with Cassie, the sparks begin to fly and he begins to see through the walls Cassie has built around her heart. As the threat gets closer, can Logan protect Cassie and protect his heart?
L.A. Remenicky is a forty-something wife and mother of three fur kids. She has been an avid reader as long as she can remember, often disappearing with a book when it was time to do dishes or clear the table.
She reads all genres, but her favorites are romance and horror. She started out reading Nancy Drew and quickly graduated to adult romances. Her favorite romance is “Moonraker’s Bride” by Madeline Brent.
Her favorite author is Stephen King – She loves how he can weave a story and characters together.
She only started writing recently after thinking about it for years, signing up for NANOWRIMO in 2012 and winning.
Street Team ~ Remenicky’s Remenions: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1425708337682216/
We’ll be giving away 2 ebooks of The Waiting: Book 1 in L.A.’s Rafflecoptor. Go check her links out and let’s help her celebrate!!! -Elizabeth
a Rafflecopter giveaway