I’m days away from hitting publish on The Wanting, Book 3 of The Waiting Series. If anyone is interested in an ARC, then email me at email@example.com.
For whatever reason, I’ve not been keeping up with the blog and I hate that. I’ll do better. It’s been a crazy few months around here with a mixture of both good and bad situations consuming my time, and I’m ready to embrace this New Year with open arms. A few points of interest…
The Waiting Series Prequel is FREE on all vendors
The Waiting Series Prequel: The Foundation is FREE on these venues. I’m working on Amazon now, but it’s a process.
We hope you enjoy the revenge, lies, and love on the banks of the Pontchartrain…
Revenge, lies, and love on the banks of the Pontchartrain…
Millicent Douglas can’t resist two things: good revenge and hot sex. She discovers her ticket to both in Missouri. Can she open her black heart to a new love… or has love always been there, hiding in plain sight?
As the creator of a black market organ scheme known as “The Operation,” Stephen Mullins can’t afford to take chances – personally or professionally. But when cardiothoracic surgeon Millie Douglas walks into his office, will he discover that some chances are worth taking?
Nash Douglas knows that the odds are stacked against him to win Millie’s heart, especially since he’s the son of her ex-husband, but that won’t keep him from being the most trustworthy friend she’s ever had. His strategy is simple: remain the one constant in her life and eventually, she’ll see his devotion. When Millie returns from a business trip, enamored with someone new, Nash fears he’s lost only woman he’s ever loved.
*The Foundation is the prequel for The Waiting Series. It can be read as a standalone or at any time in the series.
**The Waiting Series is intended for 18+ audiences due to language and adult content
So I’ve not done very good (like I said I was) at keeping up the blog, but I am reviving For Your Reading Pleasure starting this Friday. Check back and hopefully, y’all will find new authors to read and enjoy.
Okay…bullet points because I love them…
Good afternoon from Louisiana, the state where a cold front came thru and it’s still 93 degrees, but hey, we’ll take it. Lots going on:
-The Fire is LIVE!!
Amazon link to The Fire
– Today is The Waiting Series first birthday!! On this day one year ago, I hit publish on the very first book in the series, The Waiting!! First year STATS: 2 novels, 2 novellas, 1,527 pages, and 297,000 words. Impossible without our family, friends, editor extraordinaire, Kathy, and especially our readers and reviewers.
– I am halfway done with what I hope to be a short novella about “The Operation.” For those of you familiar with the series, this story takes place a year before Millie returns to Rivers. I’m considering it as a series prequel, but I’m not 100% yet. Which would make sense as it does happen before the action of The Waiting, but we’ll see how much information it gives away when I’m done.
Hope everyone has a great Wednesday. ❤️ Elizabeth
Link for The Waiting: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MOJFZNW/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1428098902&sr=8-2&keywords=the+waiting+book+one&dpPl=1&dpID=51eIK4VdyuL&ref=plSrch&pi=AC_SY200_QL40
Link for The Funeral: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00OOF05CU/ref=kina_tdp?ie=UTF8
Link for The Watching: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UO1QYUA/ref=kina_tdp?ie=UTF8
In other news…
– I finished The Wanting last week. I’ve never had a book stretch me like that one did, but it is probably my favorite book to date. The subtitle could actually be Three Weddings and a Funeral, but I’ll stick to Book 3.
– While my computer is at the doctor, I’m working on a short story/maybe novella about the origins of the “Operation.” In this story, we’ll meet Stephen Mullins, the surgeon from Jefferson City, Missouri, and discover how Millie and Bob aligned St. Tam in Slidell, and Rivers in New Orleans with the black market organ scheme.
– When I have my computer back, I’ll start work on the outline for The Flood. For those of you concerned for Arianne (The Wanting is even more brutal for Ari than The Watching, FYI), she finds her voice and maybe even a new best friend in The Flood. I’m excited to get started on it!
– The Fire release date is coming soon… as in within the week. Since we published in August 2014, my hope has been to put out 4 books within the year, and I’m so proud to have met this goal.
– We love our readers and reviewers!! We’ve received so many beautiful and encouraging words about the series. Thank you so much for reading and we are thrilled that the people on these stories resonate with you.
Good morning from sunny (and unbearably HOT) Louisiana! It’s been a minute (several months) since I’ve posted anything and I’ll be honest as to the reason.
I was burnt out.
Being an indie author can be tiring, lonely, overwhelming, and downright depressing. When you look at your minuscule books in the expansive sea of novels that are published daily, it’s easy to fall into the trap of insignificance. For the past several months, I truly didn’t see my place (or the place of this series) in the vast, evergrowing, competitive, cutthroat world of books.
Honestly, I still don’t.
Between financial hardships, broken computers, and job changes, I’ve almost given up and walked away from the entire thing.
But that’s not me.
Nor is it the mindset of the team of people I’ve surrounded myself with. My partner, Terri has been my biggest cheerleader, putting up with mood swings, a dirty house, and sporadic meals. My co-creator, Marie has always offered encouraging words and constantly reminds me to forge on. And last (but certainly not least) my beloved editor, Kathy, who loves and knows these characters as well as we do, and is an endless source of positivity and realism when I need it.
Quitting is not the work ethic my beloved grandparents instilled in me, nor is it part of the legacy I wish to leave behind. “You can do anything you set your mind to.” Not a few things. Not what’s easy.
I might have stopped promoting and putting myself out there, but I NEVER stopped writing. Presently, we are weeks away from releasing The Fire: Book 2.5. If you’ve read The Watching, you can guess the content within the novella. It’s beautiful and bittersweet, and the beginning of a love story that transcends life and death. We cannot wait for you to read it. I’m also two chapters away from finishing the 3rd novel in The Waiting Series. If possible, this one is crazier than the previous two. Several short stories are in the works including one that chronicals the origins of the “Operation” and another one entitled “Vermilion Bay.” Paperbacks will be available soon along with beautiful color covers (thanks to CJ Design) instead of the original black and white.
As for what to do about marketing and promoting these books…I still don’t know, but I do know GIVING UP ISN’T OPTIONAL. I’ve never been one for reading directions or instructions. I tend to do better if I’m allowed to figure it out for myself because let’s just be honest: there are no quick fixes.
No magical publishing deals.
No wishing on a lucky star.
But there is hard work.
And for all I lack in the ability to promote myself, I have stubbornness in spades and I’ll be damned if I’m going to allow something to keep me down. So, in the prolific words of Lindsey Buckingham:
I’ll ‘go (my) own way.’
To our readers: we love you. We are thankful that these stories resonate in your mind and heart and that you keep coming back for more. YOU are part of the reason I still write. Thank you.
To celebrate spring and also the release of the third book in The Waiting Series, we thought we’d do a sale. ALL books are .99 thru April 5th. If you need to catch up on what’s going on with these crazy Louisiana families, now’s the time.
THE WAITING BOOK 1: http://www.amazon.com/Waiting-Book-1-ebook/dp/B00MOJFZNW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418334637&sr=8-1&keywords=the+waiting+book+1
The FUNERAL BOOK 1.5: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OOF05CU
THE WATCHING BOOK 2: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UO1QYUA
We are so blessed and thankful for all your support. This has been an amazing journey, but it would mean nothing without our readers, followers, bloggers, and friends. Thank YOU for all you do to make indie publishing grand.
Elizabeth and Marie