I’m days away from hitting publish on The Wanting, Book 3 of The Waiting Series. If anyone is interested in an ARC, then email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For whatever reason, I’ve not been keeping up with the blog and I hate that. I’ll do better. It’s been a crazy few months around here with a mixture of both good and bad situations consuming my time, and I’m ready to embrace this New Year with open arms. A few points of interest…
- We’ve got a paperback giveaway on Goodreads NOW!!
- The Foundation is still FREE on all vendors. Links at the end of the post.
- The Wanting is with beta readers, and I’m anticipating an early to mid-January release. Just when you think The Waiting Series couldn’t get any crazier, Book 3 takes it up to a whole new level.
- At the end of November, I finished the first novelette for the series. The title is Endlessly and it’s the story of what really happened to Garrison Adams. This story got me. I don’t know if it was where I was at that moment in life, or actually the story’s content, but I was so broken over this man’s death. At first, I thought I was simply writing it for me to get a clearer picture about who did what and the timeline of events, but I’ve decided to publish this one, likely in the summertime.
- The Flood (novella after The Wanting) will go to Kathy in May (if I remember correctly)
- All these pictures were taken with my new Christmas present. I’ve been after this Madisonville lighthouse on the Northshore of New Orleans for a long time now and I couldn’t be any more pleased with the results.
- There will be an extremely long break between TWS books after The Wanting… and here’s why… I’ve started a new series. I didn’t believe it was possible to love new characters as much as I do TWS cast, but it is! One thing that’s been fun is that The Hopewell Coven is set in New Orleans and surrounding areas also, so I stay connected to my other people in a roundabout way. Tentatively, I have three books planned, likely all larger novellas and tailored more towards younger audiences as well as adults who enjoy that sort of genre.
- Hope y’all have a very Merry Christmas. It’s low-key for us with our 2nd annual Harry Potter-thon.
The Waiting Series Prequel is FREE on all vendors
Guess what y’all? We are having a paperback giveaway on Goodreads starting TONIGHT at midnight and running thru January 3, 2016!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from us!
Revenge, lies, and love on the banks of the Pontchartrain…
Millicent Douglas can’t resist two things: good revenge and hot sex. She discovers her ticket to both in Missouri. Can she open her black heart to a new love… or has love always been there, hiding in plain sight?
As the creator of a black market organ scheme known as “The Operation,” Stephen Mullins can’t afford to take chances – personally or professionally. But when cardiothoracic surgeon Millie Douglas walks into his office, will he discover that some chances are worth taking?
Nash Douglas knows that the odds are stacked against him to win Millie’s heart, especially since he’s the son of her ex-husband, but that won’t keep him from being the most trustworthy friend she’s ever had. His strategy is simple: remain the one constant in her life and eventually, she’ll see his devotion. When Millie returns from a business trip, enamored with someone new, Nash fears he’s lost only woman he’s ever loved.
*The Foundation is the prequel for The Waiting Series. It can be read as a standalone or at any time in the series.
**The Waiting Series is intended for 18+ audiences due to language and adult content
So I’ve not done very good (like I said I was) at keeping up the blog, but I am reviving For Your Reading Pleasure starting this Friday. Check back and hopefully, y’all will find new authors to read and enjoy.
Okay…bullet points because I love them…
- In a few weeks, we’ll be releasing a prequel to The Waiting Series called The Foundation. Why you ask? Well, in all honesty I didn’t set out to write a prequel, I just needed more details about the “Operation” and wanted to discover how it all came together. In the middle of writing, it was evident that the story could easily function as a prequel. It’s short…less than 20k, and there are only five major characters (Millie, Nash, Stephen Mullins, Layton, and Bob) which is a far cry from the amounts readers usually see in these books. I hope that a slower introduction will intrigue those readers who may be intimidated by books with a large cast. Also, it will be free to all who subscribe to our mailing list that’s yet to be set up but will be soon.
- The Wanting: Book 3 in The Waiting Series has a ballpark release date of December 1 – 21. I had said I wanted to release in Fall 2015, and that’s still my plan. Even if it is December.
- I am one-third done with The Flood: Book 3.5, and I am pleased with it so far. It’s release should be in June 2016. Yes, I know that’s a long time to wait but it leads me to my next bullet point…
- I (Elizabeth) am writing a new series, underneath a different pen name. It’s still in the developmental stages, but the first book is about a young female witch named Starling Hopewell and based on Native American and Celtic folklore. Of course, the books will be set in the south and I doubt will be as racy as The Waiting Series, but I think y’all will enjoy this story. Side note: Starling is the name of my great, great, great grandfather born in 1813. When I discovered his name, I knew it would be in a book one day. 🙂
- Today’s picture is of Arlington, my favorite antebellum in Natchez, Mississippi. Clearly, it is abandoned and likely in a total state of disrepair, but it’s still lovely to me.
- Thanks so much for reading and sticking with us. ❤️❤️❤️
Good afternoon from Louisiana, the state where a cold front came thru and it’s still 93 degrees, but hey, we’ll take it. Lots going on:
-The Fire is LIVE!!
Amazon link to The Fire
– Today is The Waiting Series first birthday!! On this day one year ago, I hit publish on the very first book in the series, The Waiting!! First year STATS: 2 novels, 2 novellas, 1,527 pages, and 297,000 words. Impossible without our family, friends, editor extraordinaire, Kathy, and especially our readers and reviewers.
– I am halfway done with what I hope to be a short novella about “The Operation.” For those of you familiar with the series, this story takes place a year before Millie returns to Rivers. I’m considering it as a series prequel, but I’m not 100% yet. Which would make sense as it does happen before the action of The Waiting, but we’ll see how much information it gives away when I’m done.
Hope everyone has a great Wednesday. ❤️ Elizabeth