Today we have Charon Lloyd-Roberts with us. Let’s see what being creative looks like for her…
1. Tell us about yourself. May include links.
My name’s Charon I work in the Digital medium.
As of May 2014 I’ve moved onto a different profession and am now writing a book series.
I’m self-taught in the Digital medium even though I only started painting seriously in 2013.
My Digital Art is a mix of Astronomy and the floral with a macabre twist.
2. How do you choose names for your characters?
I go for the weird obscure names and a majority of the names of my characters are just hard to pronounce anyway its fun.
3. Do you talk about your book/characters as though they are real?
Yes I do I get carried about talking about especially if I’m discussing a scene in my book.
4. Do you listen to music when you write or edit? What kind?
It honestly depends on my mood, but sometimes I do
5. How long have you been writing?
Well back in Secondary school I got bored in my lessons so I used to write stories I recently got back into it back in May 2014.
6. Tell us about when you realized you were ‘meant to be’ a writer.
I changed my profession in May 2014 as I wasn’t getting much out of my Digital work I still do it mind you but not as often
7. Do you have a muse?
I’ve been inspired by James Dashner, Ally Carter, Suzanne Collins just to name a few.
8. How do you improve as a writer? (Workshops, conferences, reading)
I read new books every month and I learn from them.
9. Writing quirks or superstitions?
Asking the staff at my local book store for bizarre subject matters for my book research.
10. Tell us about your current work-in-progress?
I’m in the process of working between the main book series and working on the timeframe between that and the prequel series.
11. What book are you reading now?
I’m swapping between a few books The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, The Eye of Minds & Timeriders.
12. What genre do you write in? What about PoV?
General fiction but I like to focus on fantasy mainly.
13. Tell us about writing preparation. Character Profiles? Outlines?
It’s best described as “Organised chaos”. I can’t put it any better then that.
14. Do you know how your stories will end?
I have a rough idea for my current book series and its prequel.
15. Do you books have a message or theme? Or are they purely for entertainment?
Well during the current state of the government in the UK I’ve taken note of how messed up the system is. But I’ve added some comic-relief in my book for good measure.
16. Do you have any favorite snacks or drinks that you eat/drink while writing?
I only really eat if I’m drafting out rough ideas but that’s mostly in random public areas.
17. Tell us about your other passions?
I mostly draw traditionally, do digital paintings and have the odd photography session but I do enjoy the odd train commute twice a month.
18. What’s something interesting about you?
I don’t see myself as interesting at all I just have my head either stuck in a book or I draw things.
19. Share a small sample of your writing.
“The final contender for this years ISL Tournament is… Mitra Delmir!” I suddenly felt a gust of air a small camera was circling me I dropped the sachel in my hand and looked up my face was on the screen all the blood drained out of my face I looked pale my blood orange red hair blowing around my eyes purple eyes fixed on the screen I gasped to see myself my legs began to feel heavy. Again Governor Silmois showed her face on the screen “Congradulations to this years contenders you have five hours to sort yourselves out and you’ll soon be picked by escorts from the Presivida wall who will take you to Islette.” My back slumped agaist the wall I slid down to the ground the people around me where muttering I couldn’t make it out I felt Trielnois’ beak on my hand nudging me I remained still my body felt numb
20. Anything you’d like to say to your current and future readers?
I hope you enjoy what I have offer in the writing industry any support I get for my work is appreciated because I really use some right now.
Thanks, Charon. Great hearing from you.